10/7/14

Back to Back to Back to School






















































Cool things I learned to do after taking a year off from community college:
  • Find a roommate
  • Convince someone to let me move into their home
  • Land a job in a kitchen
  • Break up with someone honestly and openly
  • Become a manager
  • Become head chef
  • Talk about wine and beer
  • Bartend
  • Get my own place and live there alone
  • Make furniture
  • Spot and kill dangerous spiders
  • Go to the movies alone
  • Handle more death
  • Learn to rollerskate


But sometimes that sucks.  Sometimes the service industry day-long shifts suck a lot, but it's helped me realize what I don't want to do for much longer.  I don't necessarily put much value into a degree, but I do value learning, improving my terrible time management, being a know-it-all shithead student, and walking around campus as it gets chilly.  I also thoroughly enjoy school supplies. (Backpacks by Herschel Supply Co.)  Therefore, I'm back, and I'm a full-time student.  My classes rule so far, and it feels so good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment